Hi guys and girls, it's been a very hectic January.
I actually haven't really had time to pack properly or think about going yet, and I leave today. I have one massive suitcase with most of my things stuffed in, and luckily mum bought me three pairs of jeans while she was in Thailand (I picked her up yesterday morning) so now I have more than 1 pair of pants without holes.
I guess being so busy has meant I really haven't had time to worry either. A couple of days ago I got my yellow fever injections, but couldn't get the rabies or typhoid with that so I'll have to get it in South Africa. I've been loading photos of friends onto my ipod to combat the homesickness (so if you want to send me a photo of you please do) and some of the guys gave me a journal filled with pages that they had decorated and photos, so I read that a couple of nights ago and cried a little. I know there's going to be a lot of changes while I'm away...
Instead of preparing, I've been away on our youth group camp at Wee Jasper (population 65). It's drought affected country and we were in the 'Tin Huts' - no running water, no electricity.
We had some brilliant moments so here's some pics of that camp.




No comments:
Post a Comment