It's March and a thick smog is over the city of chiangmai - thanks to the farmers burning fields in order to grow a special mushroom (allegedly) or to clear land. Strangely, it has cooled down the weather...cause not even the sun penetrates!
Along with choking smog, there's been a fair bit of gloom over the last two weeks. In last sunday's service, pastor Jonathan mentioned in one of his wandering sermons that in the Christian life we go through periods of spiritual rest (the equivalent of sipping coconuts on the beach in phuket) and sometimes periods where we have to buckle up and fight.
I think I'm definitely in the latter stage sadly. Oh I miss the days where it was all about resting in God! I've been having dreams like the one where people are doing rituals to call up Satan to come and kill me, which was pretty disturbing. Some things in life have been pretty unsettling too and on top of that, I have a fever and I need to recover before Friday's flight out!
This has been a rather depressing post, but on the other hand, even in movie plots, there's always a down time with many obstacles before the big breakthrough/climax. It probably means the enemy is not happy with what I am going to work on next, which is kind of encouraging!
1 comment:
I hear you, Jasmine, have been there... Su su my friend. The victory belongs to the Lord, and He is on your side. Su su! The darkest hour is always before the dawn.
Post a Comment