The 2000+ organisations here have collectively commited to establishing 118000 houses of 24/7 prayer, each unengaged people group has had several groups choose to adopt them. They are aiming for 2 million churchplants and 1 billion new christians.
If even half of these are followed through by 2020 every unengaged (no missionaries among them) mega-ethnicity will have people working among them to share the gospel.
Hilariously people who were unfortunate enough to book into the same hotels as conference attendees have had the gospel shared with them...one couple who had come on a romantic getaway, came to Christ, were invited to the night meetings, were last seen praying over the world map on thailand where the wife is from and now they've flown already to Thailand to share with their family.
I saw one of the chinese pastors with his bible out sharing with one of the waitresses at this convention centre...Ahh, what happens when you collect this many evangelists in one place.
When I first saw the goals that this conference had committed to, I must admit I was a little sceptical...but then I thought about the huge populations of India & China and how they are now sending missionariea and planting churches. When you look at the church of Acts and how rapidly the gospel spread from just a few with the Diaspora of the Jews, it doesn't seem so unlikely...because they were up against much worse odds.
If even half of these are followed through by 2020 every unengaged (no missionaries among them) mega-ethnicity will have people working among them to share the gospel.
Hilariously people who were unfortunate enough to book into the same hotels as conference attendees have had the gospel shared with them...one couple who had come on a romantic getaway, came to Christ, were invited to the night meetings, were last seen praying over the world map on thailand where the wife is from and now they've flown already to Thailand to share with their family.
I saw one of the chinese pastors with his bible out sharing with one of the waitresses at this convention centre...Ahh, what happens when you collect this many evangelists in one place.
When I first saw the goals that this conference had committed to, I must admit I was a little sceptical...but then I thought about the huge populations of India & China and how they are now sending missionariea and planting churches. When you look at the church of Acts and how rapidly the gospel spread from just a few with the Diaspora of the Jews, it doesn't seem so unlikely...because they were up against much worse odds.
No comments:
Post a Comment