Monday, May 12, 2008

Indonesia!


So I find myself miles down the road from my last post, although I'm back where I was when I last wrote. I've been to Indonesia for 5 weeks, filmed 3 movies and gotten really really sick.
How do I summarise Indonesia? Let me say the work, the people and the landscapes we went through were amazing, but the spiritual warfare terribly harsh. I don't think I've ever felt more awful on any mission trip, even though I was doing what I love. But maybe that's cause the outcome of these video projects could be amazing.
Jakarta was warm, wild taxi rides to meetings all over, mega malls contrasting horrific slums and we would visit both in a day with the teams. Bandung and Ciwidey were calm rice paddies, villages of excited children, walking along the alleys of the kampoengs saying 'pagi!', sleeping in damp concrete rooms and misty hills everywhere.

No comments: