Well, that pretty much will summarise my weather for the next few months. Onto other topics!
I've been working doing web design for a bike shop. I slave away over my computer in the dungeon downstairs beneath the shopfront and pop up every so often to blink in the sunlight (wait, what am I saying, there hasn't been any sunshine to blink at!). My boss is lovely, if rather rough around the edges being a biker and all, and the hours are great. The only problem is, seeing as he lives a biker lifestyle and takes off on random roadtrips fairly suddenly, I work completely random days and I never know how much money I might earn in a week.
Enter God's answer - moving in with the Parnhams. Not only do I save money, but I do love their family and they have a TV! I know that shouldn't factor in my decision to move, but it is a rather exciting bonus after years without.
Also, I've been playing tennis at the free courts on the hill beside where I live. It's sooooo good to get back into the game, even if I am incredibly rusty. And I scored a free lesson in backhand from one of my playing partners...
My thoughts are already turning to Australia (maybe cause I miss the beach and sun), especially after finding out that I have been accepted into the School of Frontier Media in Perth, come January (Hooray!). Apparently I was accepted a while ago but no one told me so I've been sitting here getting rather nervous till I heard. Anyway, on an otherwise frustrating friday, I managed to book a cheap plane ticket to Perth and so am out of Sydney on the 5th Jan!
Although I am really enjoying my time here, it's also exciting to know what I'll be going on into...and I can't wait till Thailand!
I've been working doing web design for a bike shop. I slave away over my computer in the dungeon downstairs beneath the shopfront and pop up every so often to blink in the sunlight (wait, what am I saying, there hasn't been any sunshine to blink at!). My boss is lovely, if rather rough around the edges being a biker and all, and the hours are great. The only problem is, seeing as he lives a biker lifestyle and takes off on random roadtrips fairly suddenly, I work completely random days and I never know how much money I might earn in a week.
Enter God's answer - moving in with the Parnhams. Not only do I save money, but I do love their family and they have a TV! I know that shouldn't factor in my decision to move, but it is a rather exciting bonus after years without.
Also, I've been playing tennis at the free courts on the hill beside where I live. It's sooooo good to get back into the game, even if I am incredibly rusty. And I scored a free lesson in backhand from one of my playing partners...
My thoughts are already turning to Australia (maybe cause I miss the beach and sun), especially after finding out that I have been accepted into the School of Frontier Media in Perth, come January (Hooray!). Apparently I was accepted a while ago but no one told me so I've been sitting here getting rather nervous till I heard. Anyway, on an otherwise frustrating friday, I managed to book a cheap plane ticket to Perth and so am out of Sydney on the 5th Jan!
Although I am really enjoying my time here, it's also exciting to know what I'll be going on into...and I can't wait till Thailand!
1 comment:
Hee Jaz,
Nice to read how you are doing. Found you suddenly and thougt: say hello to her.
Lots of greetings from the mam of T.J.
Post a Comment